This Vegan Crumble Brussels Sprouts recipe is a sweet heat plant-based alternative to the classic holiday side dish perfect for everybody at the table. The smoky, spicy, and sweet Modern Crumble crisped up and paired with roasted brussels sprouts and cool, salty vegan parmesan will have your mouth watering.
Ingredients for Vegan Crumble Brussels Sprouts
- 2 lbs. Brussels sprouts (cleaned and halved)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil (divided)
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- ½ package Modern Crumble (150g)
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- Hard vegan parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425*F and line a large sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Toss cleaned Brussels sprouts in salt pepper and olive oil, spread out evenly on the sheet tray. Be careful not to overcrowd the sprouts as they will steam.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway. Squeeze lemon juice over sprouts in the last 5 minutes.
- While the sprouts are cooking heat 1 tbsp of cooking oil in a medium-sized non-stick pan.
- Add Modern Crumble, chili flakes, and smoked paprika to the pan (adjust if you prefer more heat). Sautee for 7-10 minutes until crispy and the crumble has developed colour.
- Pour agave nectar over the crumble and toss to coat, cooking for another minute.
- Plate roasted Brussels sprouts in a serving dish, top with sweet and spicy Modern Crumble. Lastly, grate your hard vegan parmesan over the whole dish and enjoy.