Shelf Life: 5 Days / Serves: 4
- Preheat oven to 325 deg F.
- Place meatballs on a cookie sheet and bake for 18 -20 minutes
- Meanwhile, make an oval cut into the top of the buns, creating a well for all the stuffing
- Drizzle oil inside the well of the buns and bake in the oven for 8 minutes
- Once buns are partially toasted, slice garlic clove in half and rub garlic clove inside the bun to release the aroma from the garlic.
- Place half the Marinara sauce into the well and place 4 pieces of meatball on top
- Cover meatballs with Marinara sauce, drizzle pesto evenly amongst the 4 subs
- Cover with shredded cheese and bake for an additional 8 -10 minutes until cheese has melted.
- let rest for 3 minutes and enjoy
- Modern meatballs 16 pieces
- Hoagie buns or Crusty rolls 4 pieces *Can be gluten free if preferred
- Marinara sauce 2 cups * Or your favourite tomato sauce
- Basil Pesto 1/4 cup * Omit if preferred
- Shredded Mozarella 1 cup * Vegan shredded cheese works well
- Grapeseed oil 4 Tbsp * olive oil if preferred
- Whole garlic cloves 1 cloves