The Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers are so much fun to make! Our Modern Crumble is tastefully blended with garlic, cumin, and thyme flavours. Loaded with veggies, you are sure to get your daily dose with this satisfying dish.
Ingredients for Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers
- Large Green Peppers, 4
- Olive Oil, 2 teaspoons
- Salt 1 gram
- Pepper 1 gram
- Vegetable Oil, 74 mL
- Onion, 2 3/5 cups
- Mushroom, 1 1/2 cups
- Carrot, 2 3/4 cups
- Garlic, 125 grams
- Modern Crumble, 300 grams
- Ground Cumin, 1 teaspoon
- Dry Thyme, 3 teaspoons
- Red Wine, 60 grams
- Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Cooked Rice 400 grams
- Heirloom Balsamic Drizzle, 65 mL
- Start by preheating your oven to 400˚F and place a large pan on medium to high heat.
- Cut the tops off the Green peppers and set them aside. Use your hands to hollow out the pepper.
- Toss the hollowed peppers with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on a sheet pan in the oven for 10 min.
- While the peppers are roasting dice your vegetables to a quarter-inch thickness and mince the garlic.
- In the preheated pan start pour in your canola oil and then sautee the onion.
- Once the onion edges begin to brown, add mushrooms and carrots. Sautee for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and crumble at the same time and cook until the crumble is crispy.
- Add the thyme, cumin, salt, and pepper and toss to evenly distribute.
- Pour in your red wine and reduce until almost no moisture remains.
- The roasted peppers should have come out of the oven by now and be slightly softer.
- Mix the rice with the sauteed veg mix and combine. Use a spoon to stuff each pepper.
- Press down with the spoon to maximize the amount of stuffing in each pepper.
- Turn the oven down to 350˚F. Place the stuffed peppers back on the sheet pan spaced out.
- Cover the tops of each with aluminum foil to prevent the stuffing from drying out.
- Drizzle the balsamic on a plate and place one finished pepper upright, cut the other in half and lay flat.