Add a little bit of savory spice to your meal! This Vegan Cashew Hoisin Stir-fry is perfect for an easy dish, simply chop and dice up the veggies and get cooking!
Ingredients for Vegan Cashew Hoisin Stir-Fry
- White Onion, diced, 1 3/4 cup
- Shitake Mushroom, diced, 1 1/4 cup
- Celery, diced, 1 1/2 cup
- Carrot, grated, 1 2/5 cup
- Broccoli, 1 1/2 cup
- Ginger, 3 1/2 tablespoons
- Garlic, 3 1/2 tablespoons
- Sesame oil, 4 2/5 tablespoons
- Canola oil, 1 tablespoon
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Hoisin, 200 grams
- Chilli Flakes, 1 teaspoon
- Roasted Cashews, unsalted, 1 1/3 cup
White Onion Garlic Rice
- White Onion, 1 3/4 cup
- Celery, 1 1/2 cup
- Garlic, 150 grams
- Basmati Rice, 300 grams
- Pepper, 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt, 3 teaspoon
- Canola Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Water or Vegetable stock, 2 1/2 cups
- Place a wok or high-walled pan on high heat and cut the onions to medium(1/2inch) dice.
- Pour the oils into the pan and swirl to mix, add the onion and begin to carmelize.
- Slice the mushrooms thickly, at about 1/3rd of an inch, and toss in the pan to evenly coat with oil.
- Place the cleaned celery stalk at a 45˚ angle and cut on a bias making a long hook shape.
- Add the celery to the pan and sautee, keep an eye on your pan while cutting the veg,
- cooking with high heat will create quick dark caramelization which will add tons of flavor.
- Peel then cut the carrot into 1/4 inch discs and add to the pan.
- Cut the stem off the broccoli as close to the floret as possible then split the floret into 1/3inch pieces
- Now, cut the stems in half lengthwise and then slice to 1/4inch thickness and toss in the pan.
- Mince the garlic and ginger and add with salt and pepper, sautee until the Broccoli becomes bright green and tender.
- Next, in the hoisin, chili flakes, and cashews. Toss to evenly distribute the sauce.
- Toss until hot and it’s ready to serve.
- Plate up a bed of rice and scoop your sautee over the top.
White Onion Garlic Rice
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and a medium-sized pot on medium-high heat.
- Small dice the onion and celery and chop the garlic into slivers.
- Pour the canola oil into the pot and allow it to heat up.
- Dump in your onions and you should hear a sizzle, sautee for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the celery and sautee for 2-3 minutes before adding the garlic and sauteeing for another 2 min.
- Next, Add the rice, salt, and pepper, and toast the rice for 2-3 minutes to add another level of flavor.
- Add the water (watch the salt levels when using premade stocks) bring to a simmer.
- Cover the pot with a lid and place in the oven for 22 minutes.
- Remove pot from oven and fluff rice with a fork, replace the lid, and let sit for 5 minutes.