This Vegan Enchiladas recipe is made with our Modern Crumble, offering a delicious plant-based source of protein!
Shelf Life: Enjoy Fresh / Serves: 4
You have a love for Mexican food, but you’re looking for an option that is healthier and supports your flexitarian or vegan lifestyle. If this is you, then you are in luck. The development chefs at Modern Meat have been working in the kitchen with our Plant-Based Meat Products to find new and innovative ways to prepare some of our favourite dishes, like vegan enchiladas. If you and your significant other are looking for a smarter dinner option this is something to experiment with! The vegan enchiladas recipe can be scaled up for a gathering of friends or larger family get togethers.
Instructions for Vegan Enchiladas Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Add onion and pepper, cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic, cumin and taco seasoning
- Cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add enchilada sauce and crushed tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes
- Reserve 1/2 cup of sauce to top enchiladas. Bake Modern meat crumbles for 8 – 10 minutes
- Once baked combine crumbles, half the cheese and half of the cilantro
- Add half the enchilada sauce into this mixture, fold gently to combine. Season with salt
- Place some of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the skillet
- Add a scoop of this mixture down the centre of a corn tortilla, roll
- Place seem side down on sauced skillet. Repeat with remaining
- Spread the reserved enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling. Garnish with remaining cilantro. Serve
- Modern crumble 3 cups
- Olive oil 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 Yellow onion, small, diced
- 1 Bell pepper small, diced
- Garlic minced, 3 cloves
- Taco seasoning 1 Tbsp
- Cumin ground 1 tsp
- Red enchilada sauce, 10oz
- Crushed tomatoes with herbs, 8oz
- Shredded mixed cheese – vegan
- Kosher salt, 1 tsp
- Corn tortillas, 12 pcs
- Cilantro – finely chopped, 1/2 cup