Vegan Vietnamese Fresh Salad Rolls are packed with bright, fresh flavours and will keep you feeling great even after the largest serving! Sweetened with maple syrup, take your New Year detox to the next level with this no-added-sugar dish. This recipe features a delicious almond butter dipping sauce which also serves as a marinade for the tofu.
Serves up to 4 People
Ingredients for Vegan Vietnamese Fresh Salad Rolls
- Rice Paper Wraps
- Vermicelli Noodles
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Pack of Firm Tofu
- A handful of loose lettuce leaves
- Sprigs of Mint
- Sprigs of Cilantro
- 1/3 Cup Almond Butter
- 1/2 Lime
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 3 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1 Tablespoon Tamari Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- Sesame Seeds (optional)
- Prep the tofu by cutting into long strips. Coat tofu in cornstarch.
- Heat a pan on med-high heat and add sesame oil. Fry tofu occasionally shaking the pan to ensure the oil is distributed. Flip tofu after a few minutes.
- In a bowl, mix almond butter, tamari sauce, 1/2 lime juice, and maple syrup. Add water to ensure a thinner consistency.
- Once the tofu is partially cooked through, use a spoon or brush to coat 1/3 of the almond mixture on the tofu in the pan to form a glaze. Continue cooking on med heat for 3 minutes.
- Heat water in a pot and cooking vermicelli noodles as instructed. Once cooked through, rinse with cold water and drain.
- Julienne carrots, cucumber, and red pepper.
- Bring water to a boil in a pot or saucepan. (I like to use a saucepan to keep the water on heat while wrapping the rolls).
- Transfer water to a wide bowl or keep in a saucepan. Dip rice paper wraps in water and rotate to ensure the whole wrap gets submerged. Remove the wrap before it softens too much. The wrap will continue softening after it has been removed.
- Lay wrap flat out on a plate or cutting board. Add tofu, vegetables, some noodles, lettuce, a few cilantro, and mint leaves to the middle-side of the wrap.
- Once wrapped, serve with almond dipping sauce.
- Top with sesame seeds (optional)